Like many Americans, my husband has diabetes. He has to give himself four needles a day and he only eats food that has sugar as a first ingredient when he is experiencing a “low”. In my opinion, he is very compliant – but he is also a “foodie”. Having this illness is a difficult cross for him to carry. My heart goes out to any one with the disease – or with a loved one who has it.
Even though my husband Matt has diabetes, I still put together an Easter Basket for him. Maybe it’s because we were married without children for so long, it seemed to make the house happier – or maybe we are just huge dorks that like to pretend to be the Easter Bunny once a year. Either way, we have fun with it! Luckily, there is an awesome candy store – Stutz Candy – that has a huge selection of sugar free candy. Now, all things in moderation of course – but these treats put a huge smile on his face and that makes me happy :)!
What I’m putting in my husband’s Easter Basket (or have in the past):
Some links are affiliate links. Thank you for allowing prayerwinechocolate to continue!
- A box of assorted chocolates
- Milk Chocolate Peanut Butter Eggs
- A Sugar Free Chocolate Bunny – I could not find a link to that on Stutz’ website, but I did find this awesome bundle on Amazon!
- Sugar Free Gummi Bears
Beer and Beer related stuff
Random Gifts that are not “unhealthy”
- Mystic Monk Coffee – So good – and they have k-cups!!
- Star Wars Mug
- Star Wars Lightsaber Mugs – they light up when you pour hot coffee in them!! – can you tell how excited I am about this find? I know my husband will LOVE these! I will happily get rid of mugs in our cabinet so he can enjoy his morning a little more with coffee in his new favorite mugs 🙂
- A fun T-Shirt – Last year I went with a Bazinga Tee (if you watch The Big Bang Theory you probably can picture the Sheldon shirt); this year, I found this – and it’s HILARIOUS!
- Brian Regan CD – This is my favorite comedian. This CD will have you laughing so much that if you are driving, you might have to pull over!