Like many Americans, my husband has diabetes. He has to give himself four needles a day and he only eats food that has sugar as a first ingredient when he is experiencing a “low”. In my opinion, he is very compliant – but he is also a “foodie”. Having this illness is a difficult cross for him to carry. My heart goes out to any one with the disease – or with a loved one who has it.
Even though my husband Matt has diabetes, I still put together an Easter Basket for him. Maybe it’s because we were married without children for so long, it seemed to make the house happier – or maybe we are just huge dorks that like to pretend to be the Easter Bunny once a year. Either way, we have fun with it! Luckily, there is an awesome candy store – Stutz Candy – that has a huge selection of sugar free candy. Now, all things in moderation of course – but these treats put a huge smile on his face and that makes me happy :)!
What I’m putting in my husband’s Easter Basket (or have in the past):
Some links are affiliate links. Thank you for allowing prayerwinechocolate to continue!
- A box of assorted chocolates
- Milk Chocolate Peanut Butter Eggs
- A Sugar Free Chocolate Bunny – I could not find a link to that on Stutz’ website, but I did find this awesome bundle on Amazon!
- Sugar Free Gummi Bears
Beer and Beer related stuff
- Brew Like a Monk
- Assorted beers from a craft beer store
- A Chimay glass
Random Gifts that are not “unhealthy”
- Men’s Health Magazine
- A Miraculous Medal
- Lottery Tickets!
- Mystic Monk Coffee – So good – and they have k-cups!!
- Star Wars Mug
- Star Wars Lightsaber Mugs – they light up when you pour hot coffee in them!! – can you tell how excited I am about this find? I know my husband will LOVE these! I will happily get rid of mugs in our cabinet so he can enjoy his morning a little more with coffee in his new favorite mugs 🙂
- A fun T-Shirt – Last year I went with a Bazinga Tee (if you watch The Big Bang Theory you probably can picture the Sheldon shirt); this year, I found this – and it’s HILARIOUS!
- Brian Regan CD – This is my favorite comedian. This CD will have you laughing so much that if you are driving, you might have to pull over!
Caroline @ In Due Time says
What a fun basket! I love Brian Regan too.
I hadn’t thought about ever gifting an adult a gift basket, but it sure is a good idea!
In our case, adults getting Easter Baskets probably have a lot to do with how much we wanted children but were not parents for so long. Now it’s just another fun thing to do 🙂
Amy @ Be The Proof says
My hubby isn’t big on giving gifts on holidays that should focus on Jesus (he’s anti Santa, and Easter bunny…ugh…makes it difficult with you have a little one and you want them to have fun too). But I love the ideas for non sugary treats! He’s been working hard at school, so I try to find little gifts to reward his hard work since school is not his thing. I love the ideas of craft beer, and the CD! Brian Regan is hilarious 🙂
Brian Regan is soooo funny! Take Luck 😉
Cute! There’s nothing dorky with a Easter basket full of beer and chocolate!
This is true 🙂
brianna george says
That pink pepper pale ale has me intrigued! Where did you find it?
There is a place called Iron Abbey around here – I am not sure if they are national – they might be!
Trina O'Boyle says
Great list, I have some friends that are diabetics and I will share these great ideas with them.
Thanks Trina! Happy Easter!