For years my husband and I longed to have children. When holidays came around, our desire for a family intensified. It didn’t seem right for two adults to sit around dying Easter eggs. The absence of a child was, well . . .a downer.
In our effort to keep our spirits high, my husband and I gave one another Easter baskets.
And now, we have a child! And this year, finally . . . he’s old enough to “get it”. I am not sure how I can explain the excitement I had when I walked into Stutz Candy Shop!
I love gift giving. I love gift shopping. And now I have real reason to do both on Easter.
But as I walk around the store, I see gift ideas for my son, for all of my friends’ daughters, for my grown up friends, for my husband and for me.
If you need or want ideas for a grown man’s Easter Basket . . . I got you covered with a whole other post! Check out Men and Diabetics like Easter Baskets Too!
We are lucky enough to be invited several places on Easter. Giving a hostess gift is always a great way to say thank you, and walking around Stutz Candy provided some unique ideas.
Some of the following are affiliate links for which I am compensated. I try to keep these relevant and few in number, but they help me to continue to provide this service.
For Women – Young and Older:
- Candy Coated Chocolate Seashells – When I saw these I immediately thought of five different people I wanted to give them too. Any beach lover would love these – especially since we are getting closer to ideal beach weather!
- Easter/Spring decorated Chocolate Covered Pretzels – I had planned on giving these as a hostess gift, but after taking several pictures they fell and broke open. I thought, well, I’ll eat one and re-package the others. They are gone. I think I might have to order more . . .
- Brix Chocolate for Wine Pairing – I love this chocolate, especially since it tells you which chocolate goes with which wine on the box! Perfect to give a friend, girlfriend, wife, or hostess with a bottle of wine!
- Little Lessons from St. Therese of Lisieux Book – This book is an absolute treasure! Appropriate for an older daughter or even a Mom, Aunt, Grandmother, Goddaughter or friend. If you like to put books in Easter baskets, I highly recommend this book for any daughter ages 12 and up. I also think it would make an adult Easter basket look absolutely stunning – and adds prayer to the wine and chocolate already in there 🙂
- Mystic Monk Tea or Coffee – Some people enjoy a cup of tea more than a glass of wine. This is the perfect alternative. And I love how it was prayerfully made by monks!
- A bottle of wine.
- A pre-made Easter Basket – Some people don’t enjoy the shopping and putting the Easter Basket together part. I have to admit, sometimes it’s frustrating when you have an idea in mind of how you want it to look – and it doesn’t turn out that way! And since we are down to the wire with time – this may be the best way to go!! Easter Basket Ready to Gift!
- Candy that looks like legos! Yes! I was so excited when I saw this! Our son doesn’t play with legos yet, but I know he will be so excited about this candy! I imagine a lego fan would LOVE these!
- The Little Flower: A Parable about St. Therese – This book is stunning and has the most beautiful, uplifting message. This is the perfect gift for a little girl – ages 1 day to 10 years old. I wrote a whole post about it here: Beautiful Little Flowers: The Little Flower Book Review.
- Books for boys and girls – Press Here is a great one! So is Pete the Cat: I Love My White Shoes. When we are at story time in the library, 20 three year olds are totally silent and mesmerized by this book!
- A Chocolate Easter Bunny – I love how Stutz has so many choices – including an Easter Bunny on a motorcycle! I also love how Stutz has a variety of chocolate crosses as well.
- Stickers! – Stickers are so fun – and not expensive at all!
- Retro Candy – What a fun way to walk down memory lane with our kids!
- Lamb Prayer Buddy – Adding a stuffed animal to an Easter Basket gives it a little more love. This stuffed animal reminds us who the holiday is about and is simply adorable! This stuffed animal is great for boys and girls – and all ages!
And before I go . . .
HAPPY EASTER! I hope you have a wonderful time celebrating the Lord’s Resurrection!
I also hope you enjoy dying Easter Eggs, seeing family, participating in egg hunts and eating candy :). I am sure that if you have children, I do not have to remind you that they are the greatest blessing from above. I do ask you to remember that some couples are still hoping and praying to be blessed with children – so holidays can be tough. If you know a couple, please consider giving them a little something – a little extra love – and most importantly – words of hope and prayers for God to bless them with a child or children to love.
And post those Easter Egg pics! Those pastel colors make the world a little brighter!
Love and Prayers,