For years my husband and I longed to have children. When holidays came around, our desire for a family intensified. It didn’t seem right for two adults to sit around dying Easter eggs. The absence of a child was, well . . .a downer.
In our effort to keep our spirits high, my husband and I gave one another Easter baskets.
And now, we have a child! And this year, finally . . . he’s old enough to “get it”. I am not sure how I can explain the excitement I had when I walked into Stutz Candy Shop!
I love gift giving. I love gift shopping. And now I have real reason to do both on Easter.
But as I walk around the store, I see gift ideas for my son, for all of my friends’ daughters, for my grown up friends, for my husband and for me.
If you need or want ideas for a grown man’s Easter Basket . . . I got you covered with a whole other post! Check out Men and Diabetics like Easter Baskets Too!
We are lucky enough to be invited several places on Easter. Giving a hostess gift is always a great way to say thank you, and walking around Stutz Candy provided some unique ideas.
Some of the following are affiliate links for which I am compensated. I try to keep these relevant and few in number, but they help me to continue to provide this service.
For Women – Young and Older:
- Candy Coated Chocolate Seashells – When I saw these I immediately thought of five different people I wanted to give them too. Any beach lover would love these – especially since we are getting closer to ideal beach weather!
- Easter/Spring decorated Chocolate Covered Pretzels – I had planned on giving these as a hostess gift, but after taking several pictures they fell and broke open. I thought, well, I’ll eat one and re-package the others. They are gone. I think I might have to order more . . .
- Brix Chocolate for Wine Pairing – I love this chocolate, especially since it tells you which chocolate goes with which wine on the box! Perfect to give a friend, girlfriend, wife, or hostess with a bottle of wine!
- Little Lessons from St. Therese of Lisieux Book – This book is an absolute treasure! Appropriate for an older daughter or even a Mom, Aunt, Grandmother, Goddaughter or friend. If you like to put books in Easter baskets, I highly recommend this book for any daughter ages 12 and up. I also think it would make an adult Easter basket look absolutely stunning – and adds prayer to the wine and chocolate already in there 🙂
- Mystic Monk Tea or Coffee – Some people enjoy a cup of tea more than a glass of wine. This is the perfect alternative. And I love how it was prayerfully made by monks!
- A bottle of wine.
- A pre-made Easter Basket – Some people don’t enjoy the shopping and putting the Easter Basket together part. I have to admit, sometimes it’s frustrating when you have an idea in mind of how you want it to look – and it doesn’t turn out that way! And since we are down to the wire with time – this may be the best way to go!! Easter Basket Ready to Gift!
- Candy that looks like legos! Yes! I was so excited when I saw this! Our son doesn’t play with legos yet, but I know he will be so excited about this candy! I imagine a lego fan would LOVE these!
- The Little Flower: A Parable about St. Therese – This book is stunning and has the most beautiful, uplifting message. This is the perfect gift for a little girl – ages 1 day to 10 years old. I wrote a whole post about it here: Beautiful Little Flowers: The Little Flower Book Review.
- Books for boys and girls – Press Here is a great one! So is Pete the Cat: I Love My White Shoes. When we are at story time in the library, 20 three year olds are totally silent and mesmerized by this book!
- A Chocolate Easter Bunny – I love how Stutz has so many choices – including an Easter Bunny on a motorcycle! I also love how Stutz has a variety of chocolate crosses as well.
- Stickers! – Stickers are so fun – and not expensive at all!
- Retro Candy – What a fun way to walk down memory lane with our kids!
- Lamb Prayer Buddy – Adding a stuffed animal to an Easter Basket gives it a little more love. This stuffed animal reminds us who the holiday is about and is simply adorable! This stuffed animal is great for boys and girls – and all ages!
And before I go . . .
HAPPY EASTER! I hope you have a wonderful time celebrating the Lord’s Resurrection!
I also hope you enjoy dying Easter Eggs, seeing family, participating in egg hunts and eating candy :). I am sure that if you have children, I do not have to remind you that they are the greatest blessing from above. I do ask you to remember that some couples are still hoping and praying to be blessed with children – so holidays can be tough. If you know a couple, please consider giving them a little something – a little extra love – and most importantly – words of hope and prayers for God to bless them with a child or children to love.
And post those Easter Egg pics! Those pastel colors make the world a little brighter!
Love and Prayers,
Caroline @ In Due Time says
Thanks so much for the sweet thoughts of those who are waiting.
I love your gift baskets. I want ALL of them 🙂
Thank you Caroline! I remember waiting vividly. I hope you get a STACKED Easter Basket!
Ashley Leger says
Love this blog post Amy ♡
Ashley (Blessed Mess Company 👑 )
Thank you Ashley 🙂
Jeanine @MommyEntourage says
Happy Easter to you too! I remember my sons class last year was really into Pete the Cat! Cute books!
It’s so cute when they love a book so much they are quoting it while they play! Happy Easter to you as well Jeanine!
Marci Smith says
Absolutely love the retro candy idea! I’m running out today to finish my sons basket and throw something together for my husband ^.^
Awesome! Have a very Happy Easter Marci 🙂 !!