This post contains affiliate or associate links with several businesses (which means if you shop through the links, I earn a small commission). As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
How’s Lent going in your house?
Whether you are doing great with making sacrifices or really never started, this dinner time discussion game is a great way to think about and encourage your family to keep this season of the year in mind as well as prayer, fasting and almsgiving.
This list was written by a college friend and she assured and encouraged me to share with all of you! Kristi – the writer of this awesome game – asked that you share more ideas in the comments!
We suggest you cut up these questions and pass them around the dinner table in a bowl.
****Want a downloadable/printable copy? Click here:*****
WOULD YOU RATHER – 2021 Lenten Edition
Questions inspired by the daily readings from the first ten days and the Sundays of Lent
- Play a trumpet in front of a crowd or give money away in secret?
- Wear sackcloth and ashes or eat bread with a stranger?
- Spend 40 days on the ark in the flood, or spend 40 days in a desert alone?
- Be a keeper of sheep, or a keeper of keys?
- Be broken-hearted or fearful?
- Be eaten by a whale or by lions?
- Rejoice with one friend or 100 strangers?
- Meet Abraham or Moses?
- Sell doves or oxen?
- Be blind or a beggar?
- Be raised from the dead or see someone else be raised from the dead?
- Be in a parade with friends or eat a special meal with friends?
Would you rather FAST FROM…
- Sweets or the internet?
- Cars or airplanes?
- Video calls or texting?
- Funny movies or action movies?
- Talking or walking?
- Hugs or high fives?
- Reading or music?
Would you rather GIVE…
- To a person you know or a charity group
- To a stranger or a friend
- To a homeless shelter or a school
- A hundred dollars to ten people or a thousand dollars to one person
- Money or food?
- Your time or money?
- Bread or fish?
Would you rather PRAY…
- Alone or in a group?
- With your own words or a recited prayer?
- An old prayer from memory or read a new one?
- In English or a different language?
- The rosary or in silence?
- In a church or in nature?
- From the Bible every day, or never open the Bible again?
Does your family like this type of game? Do you have a child between the ages of 9 and 14? If yes, be sure to get him or her a Be Yourself Journal!
Want another fun game to play? Listen to this podcast and play along to Home But Not Alone “Saint or Superhero?”! Guess who said the quote – a saint or a superhero!
Do me a favor? Sign up for my newsletter so we can stay in touch!
Click here so I can send you new posts and keep you up to date with events and more –
Honoring the Year of Saint Joseph? Check out this post filled with great Saint Joseph gifts! Over 25 Catholic Gifts Inspired by Saint Joseph