Even if today is cloudy and rainy; we can all brighten up someone else’s day! Here are some ways you can be a ray of sunshine today!
- Smile at people – really smile at them.
- Compliment someone’s outfit, shirt, or shoes.
- Tell a person you really like his or her name.
- Give someone chocolate.
- Listen to a person without interrupting.
- Tell a joke – even if it’s corny.
- When you get up to get something, ask the person closest to you if he or she needs anything.
- Buy your coffee . .and the next customer’s.
- When someone says something funny . . . laugh a little louder and longer than you might have yesterday.
- Hug a family member.
- Go out of your way to say hi to someone; and smile at them when you say it.
- Praise someone’s work.
- Tell someone he or she reminds you of a celebrity.
- Give someone a sticker.
- Make a silly face when someone looks at you.
- Send a text to a sibling or old friend that simply says – “thinking of you and hope you are doing well.”
- Thank the cashier and use his or her name.
- Show someone this picture from Life Captured by Jamielynn:
- Share Philomena’s joke of the day on Facebook
- Introduce someone to Brian Regan
- Do something goofy.
- Ask a random question – like “wanna race”?
- Suggest rock, paper, scissors when a decision needs to be made.
- Play rock, paper, scissors.
- Pretend to fall, then look up to see who was watching and laugh together.
Yay! These are so fun. Can you think of how much better the world would be if everyone just tried to be a little more sunshiney each day? Thanks for sharing. 🙂
PS– We love Brian Reagan. Take luck!
Haha – YOU TOO!
Ah!!! That baby makes my heart so very happy!!!!!!!!!!
That is my niece, Sofia 🙂
I just taught my son rock paper scissors. So fun! It totally made his day lol. Thanks for sharing these!
Awesome!! Thanks Sara!
This is a great, fun list! I am not familiar with Philomena’s joke of the day – I will need to check it out. And, I’m trying to think of how complete strangers would react (i.e. grocery store clerks) if you challenged them to a race… I bet you’d get some pretty weird looks, but after you’d left, they wouldn’t know what hit ’em!
Haha – I was more thinking ask someone you know a random question – but that’s funny lol
Love this list!
This is such a great list filled with lots of great ideas. The picture of the baby is precious.
That’s my niece – I agree haha 🙂 Thank you!
Great ideas to add more joy to the day! It’s wonderful how reaching out to someone else and being kind and genuine always makes US feel good too.