Two disclosures before I start: first, this post contains affiliate links; second, I am one of those “impossible” people!
Only how many days until Christmas?? It’s crunch time! Here are some gift ideas if you feel stuck!
- A soft, comfy, throw blanket. I bought one for myself the first time I went Christmas shopping this year. My mother-in-law bought me one last year and it’s the softest blanket ever! I have slept with it every night this year! I have gotten throw blankets for my husband in the past, and he says that I “always get the softest blankets”. I got one for my grandmother last year. One size fits all! And look – here’s one on sale on Amazon – and Prime shipping!
- A whole lot of Lottery tickets! My grandmother LOVES the scratch off lottery tickets. So this year, I bought her a bunch of them, and I am using clothes pins to “hang” them on a piece of yarn. I will wrap the string of yarn in a box and I’m pretty sure it will be her favorite present. I certainly hopes she wins big!
- GIFT CARDS – I feel like we love to get them, but don’t love giving them. We fear that it looks lazy. But who doesn’t LOVE a gift card? There’s always something we wish we had gotten, but didn’t. With a gift card, we can go get it. Visa gift cards are great, but so are “store” specific ones. I love a Barnes and Nobles gift card. If I get one, I have an excuse to walk around that store for an hour – by myself. I might even finish a whole cup of coffee while it’s hot. And if you are shopping for a woman, and know where she gets her hair done – JACKPOT. Get her a gift certificate to her salon. Getting your hair done is so expensive – but we all get it done! T.J Maxx . . .another store that is so fun to shop at . . . I could go on. I will suggest some “add ons” next if you feel like you can’t just give a gift card.
- Gift Card with some “add ons” – For men, skip the tie and tools. If the man likes tools, give him a gift card to Home Depot. I feel like giving a man tools is like giving a woman make up. They’re not all the same, let them pick it out. However, a nice add on for a man is a scarf, coffee (if they have a Keurig, k-cups are awesome gifts), and chocolate. Also, if a man loves to golf, find out where they golf the most and get them a gift certificate for that course! Add ons for women can include socks (as add ons, please don’t give this as a gift and that’s all)! We all have the sock problem – we can’t find matches! I’m wearing socks that don’t match as I type! Other add ons are of course wine, and chocolate. Add a Christmas ornament to hang on the wine bottle – one that reminds you of that person to make the gift personal. And remember, if you would like it, most likely someone else would too!
- A photo album with pictures in it – The dollar store sells the little ones that fit in a pocket book! You can also get bigger, nicer albums on amazon (still time for 2-day shipping). People love pictures of themselves – the selfie stick is a thing – need I say more?? If you are on Facebook, you can easily get pics of you and this certain someone. Go to your friend’s page, click the 3 dots next to “message” and click “see friendship”. You’ll then see a bunch of pics that you are both tagged in! Most places will let you print pictures out from Facebook (CVS, Target, Walgreens, etc.).
- An experience – This can be written in a card, no prep work has to be done (besides, you’ll have to find a date that works best for both of you). Write in the card that you would love to spend a day together, so you’ll pay for lunch and a movie. You can probably think of many other ideas, but here are a few:* wine tasting; *a live show; * shopping; *out for coffee and lunch,*do something “touristy”; paint and drink wine night; hike; etc.
- Anything Fair Trade – These gifts are mainly crafts, coffee and chocolate – but with an added bonus of doing a good deed for those in need. Bread for Life is another fair trade organization that offers many gift options and expedited shipping, since time is running out!
What did I miss? If you have an idea, please comment! There are people reading this that need help 🙂 ! Remember to stay Merry and Jolly!!!